05-19-09 Tuesday

B- 1 coffee HC CO -1 AS

L- Pizza Hut
1 salad plate, 2 bites of pizza crust, then I ate the rest of the toppings off that slice.
Diet Coke

D-2 Slices of Healthy Life Bread
2 hot dogs w/catchup mustard relish
Diet Coke

SN-cuke, cherry tomatoes in vinagar
1 LC healthy life bread w/peanut butter & jelly

WT-238
2 hours yard work

A friend of mine passed on a story to me today. I thought I would pass it on to you.

An elderly couple had been married for 50 years. One morning for breakfast the couple was sharing their normal breakfast of cereal and a slice of toast. The man butters the toast and hands his lovely wife her slice, the heel of the loaf. She looks at her husband and says 'George, we have been married for 50 years, for ONCE I wish you stop being so selfish and give me the good slice of toast instead of the old heel'. The man looks at his wife in confusion and says to her. 'Gladys, the heel of the bread is the best part of the loaf, for 50 years I have been giving you my favorite slice.'

It's all about COMMUNICATION, Communication, communication.

2 comments:

Harry/JP said...

That's a good story, Jo. Thanks for sharing it.

There are so many instances when I misunderstand or am misunderstood (or perhaps I just "miscommunicate". ;-)

Talking things out and not allowing things to fester (even small things, like sliced bread) is the best way to go.

Good day to you!

NewVision said...

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.
:)