05-05-09 Tuesday

B-2 coffee HC CO -no AS

L-8 oz. walmart chicken
water
3 SF cough drops

D-@ local restaurant
8 0z steak w/catchup
chicken teriaki w/cabbage
4 crab Rangoon
green beans
4 shrimp
water

SN-1/2 chex mix cereal w/1 c milk w/1 AS

WT=238

Good News:
Remember when I said this "One of my child hood friends has been in the intensive care burn unit. She has 3 degree burns on her face and down into her throat. We wasn't sure she was gonna make it..."
I got the news yesterday that she finally got to come home from the hospital. I even got to talk to her on the phone. Her voice is a whisper but the doctors are all sure she will eventually regain her voice. YEAH!!!!!!!! I was SOOOO worried about her and her family. She has 3 children. I have known her my whole life. Her Mom was friends with my Mom and Grandma. We were even pregnant at the same time. Her daughter was born on my sons due date. I'm so glad she is doing better.

Ok, on the diet/menu front. I think I'm ready to move forward. I don't know what those burst of emotions were all about but I'm doing better now. A friend at work suggested that it may have been more about me trying to cut back on my AS. She said it could have affected my emotions. She sent me this article on it.
I was surprised to read #5.
Here it is:
5. Addictive
The chemical aspartame is so addictive. It is wise to stop taking artificial sweetener slowly or ask your doctor for help. Abruptly stop taking aspartame may cause withdrawal symptoms.

1 comment:

Harry/JP said...

Great news about your friend! What a relief!

Interesting thoughts about the artificial sweeteners. I've never used them enough to detect such an effect - unless you count stevia.

I'm happy to know you're feeling better and getting back on track. Good news, indeed. :-)