02-23-2009 Monday

B-2 coffee HC CO AS (only 1 w/CO)

L-2 McDonald's McDoubles (NO BUNS)

D-Teriyaki Chicken on a bed of Sauteed cabbage (pictured)
4 strawberries
1 c tomato juice/2 T flax seed

SN-jello w/ heavy whipping cream
1 hotdog

WT=240
Walked 40 minutes (Cable co. and back)
Couldn't walk at lunch time today. So I walked after dinner, by that time it was cold out again. Maybe I will be rewarded since my body has to use extra energy to keep warm. Anyway that's what I'm telling myself.

I've been adding in some tomato juice to my flax seed regiment lately. Dietary intake of tomatoes and tomato products containing lycopene has been shown to be associated with a decreased risk of chronic diseases, such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. Just in case you were wondering. :)

4 comments:

Harry/JP said...

You're right about the tomatoes. The carotenoid/pigment that makes 'em red is thought to be responsible for the health effects. It's called "lycopene".

I eat plenty o' tomatoes (as you know) and my multi-vitamin has some lycopene too! I should pretty much be bullet proof! :)

Vadim said...

Your menu looked great. I want some of thst cabbage with teryaki chicken!

NewVision said...

Harry,
Maybe you know the answer to this, How much tomato juice is enough to get the benefit of the lycopene?

Thanks for the tip on the multi- vitamin, I'm gonna have to check to see if my multi-vitamin has it in there too.

Vadim,
Thanks, Come on over I'll heat you some up. It was surprisingly good. I will definitely be keeping it in the menu rotation. Hope your feeling better tonight.

NewVision said...

Harry,
It has 300 mcg in it.
hmmmmm, now I'm wondering, do I need the tomato juice? I think getting it naturally is best though.

I had no clue it was even in my multi. Thanks again for the tip.