12-07-08 Sunday

B- 2 coffee HC CO AS
2 Healthy Life LC bread w/ butter

L- 1 oz cheddar cheese
1oz peanuts
homemade chicken salad (chicken, mayo, relish, eggs)
on 1 slice Healthy Life LC bread

D-3 hotdogs w/ 1 carb catsup
Fried Cabbage
1 stalk celery w/peanut butter

SN-(12am-woke with Low sugar)
8 saltines w/ butter
1/2 cup milk

WT=249
My son was home this weekend. We had family time today. We decorated our home, put up the tree. It looks beautiful.
I was hungry all day.
I discover something by accident today. I was frying the cabbage for dinner and forgot about it. It burned a little. I REALLY liked it better. I will be burning it from now on..LOL

5 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Your site looks really festive, NewVision. It's sweet!

I discovered something similar to your cabbage burning experience. I've found that my sauteed broccoli and garlic tastes better if it's also slightly burnt.

I still cook it "low-and-slow" on the stove top. But, I make sure there's plenty of butter and olive oil in the pan and I just let it go longer. Flipping the broc along the way.

The end result is a nicely browned and crispy broccoli dish with a garlicky kick! Yum.

I'm glad you got to enjoy some time with your son. Spending time with family is one of the true blessings on the holiday, I think.

Be well!

Me said...

Hi NewVision,

Slightly burnt cabbage is the best!!!!

Do you mix it with anything?

Vadim said...

what a great change, it made me smile! You now inspired me to work on my website, it is awefully bright!

Solshine said...

LOL! There are quite a few things I like better burnt, too! I'll have to try the burnt cabbage now. *grin*

And, now that I've read Harry's post - the broccoli & garlic, too!

NewVision said...

Thanks Harry, I'm glad you like it.

I do really like a lot of stuff burnt. Hot dogs, polish sausage, marshmallows (oops, I don't eat them any more LOL)& green beans. I'll have to try the broccoli, sounds good.
------------------------------------
Erika,
I mix it with onions and butter, what do you put in yours?

----------------------------
Vadim,
I'm looking forward to visiting your blog later to see your new changes.

-------------------------------
Solshine,
Read my post today 12-08-08. Don't go to far with burning it... LOL

--------------------
Have a great day all!