05-16-10 Sunday

B-1 cup coffee HC CO a lil vanilla and a lil cinnamon
few pieces of string cheese and beef sticks

6.2 mile walk
My sugar was a lil low after the walk so I had a snack
SN- 6 ritz with butter and 1/2 c milk

L-Coffee HC a lil sweetner
2 eggs with cheese
3 strips bacon

SN- 2 string cheese

D-Bacon green beans
the other half of the steak from last nights dinner
lil catchup

I've been tossing this around in my head for awhile now. I think I'm going to start blogging my meals again. I kept a food journal for a whole year. Well, not on here, I started blogging them about half way through. I'm feeling so much better and in control now. The food journal kept me honest. I've started walking again and I'm feeling great about it. I'm up to 2 to 3 miles 5 times a week and I try to get a bigger walk in on the weekends. Now I'm back on Low Carb. I initially gain 8 lbs with the walking but now I'm back to the weight I was on the 19th of March when I started walking, which is 256. I hate admitting I'm back up in the 250's when I struggled SOOO hard to get out of them.

We went out last night for our anniversary. It was wonderful. We had a salad, steak and green bean in place of a potato. We asked that the rolls not be brought to the table and informed the waitress we were low carbers due to my diabetes. She was so pleasant about about it. When she came to the table with our salads she informed us she did not put the croûtons on the salad and asked if we wanted them. Of course, we didn't. I had forgot to tell her no croûtons. Everything was wonderful and the green beans were GREAT. I did not feel deprived at all. Which is what usually happens if I have to substitute something I don't want in place of something I know would taste wonderful. I'm glad we were alone because I don't think I could have handled those rolls at our table.

I think it is all in the attitude. I have to remember that. :)

The walk today was great. When we set out we really didn't have an idea of where we were going, then decided on walking to a Big R store. When we came home and took the car back there to see how far it was, it was 6.2 miles. :) If it hadn't been raining it would have been better. I have so much energy, wish I had this much energy all the time.

3 comments:

Vadim said...

wow, 6 miles is quite a walk. Nice to see you in better spirits and more energetic. Keep it up!

Anne H said...

what HE said!

NewVision said...

I checked this at work (usually I don't do that) You both brought a BIG smile to my face. THANK YOU!!!! :)