06-08-09 Monday

B- 2 coffee HC AS [3]
2 eggs w/1oz cheese cooked in butter [3]

L- grilled chicken Caesar salad from Wendy's [20]

D 2 servings chicken medley [15]
1/2 c chow mein noodles [18]

SN - 1 carb smart ice cream bar [5]
-----------------------------
1 glass milk, 4 saltines w/butter

[64 total carbs today before the milk and saltines]
At work on Friday our boss sent out an email saying we had someone take our gift cards that we had been giving away as an incentive program to our clients. The email said that they had ran the card numbers and are intending to prosecute unless the person came forward today by noon. I was really hoping it was someone that I didn't know. It turns out that a girl that I talk to quite a lot was walked out by HR today. It made me sad. You think you know someone and really you don't. I don't know what is going to happen to her. She went through an awful divorce about a year ago and is now remarried. What will she tell her new husband? It really makes you wonder what is going through someones head sometimes.

Diet wise, I'm still struggling to hold on. I've never been very good at limiting my intake of food. I look at other blogs and wonder how in the world they do that. Am I just too centered around food? Maybe. But I don't know how to make it different. I tried to add more veggies today. I haven't been doing very well with the veggies lately.

2 comments:

jo said...

That is sad about the gift cards. Sad when those things happen. You just wonder why.

Limiting food is hard. I think you have to tailor your program completely to you in order for it to work. Get ideas from others, but do what works for you.

Anne H said...

What Jo said!
I get many many good ideas from these blogs. I try them, if it works, I keep it. It was easier for me to skip a meal sometimes than to limit my food intake.